Saturday, September 15, 2007
Daniela's Birth Story
Early in the morning on Tuesday, August 28th, 2007 around 5:50 am, my water broke but I was not having any contractions. I called the doctor and she said to go into the office at 8:30 am for a checkup. We finally saw Dr. McCloskey at around 9am and she said- "Yep, your water has broken, the baby will be born later today." I was so greatful that my body naturally went into labor and I did not have to get induced! I was admitted to the hospital and I was put on Potosim to allow the contractions to begin. My contractions started around 11 am and slowly but surely they got stronger as the day progressed. Misael helped me with my breathing and was messaging my back and feet to help with the pain. At around 7 pm I was only dilated to 6 cm. The nurse later came in again and said that for the last 2 hours I had not dilated and the baby's heart rate was dropping a bit so she said that they were going to increase the potosim to see if that would help me dilate faster. If that did not work she suggested that I get the epidural to even though she knew that I did not want it. If that did not work then they would probably have to do a cesarean. I was ready to try the epidural if the potosim did not work but I most definitely did not want a cesarean. So I prayed and hoped for the best. About 20 minutes passed and I told my mom to call the nurse and Amanda came in to check me. I was at 9 cm.... Thank the Lord!!!!!!! She was very surprised that I had dilated so quickly. She called the doctor and told me not to push. At this point my contractions were really strong and the doctor finally checked me and after a few minutes they prepared the room for delivery. At 8:48 pm Daniela was born. It was so incredible that the pain that I was feeling went away the minute I saw her. They put her on my chest and I gave her a little kiss and then they put her under the warming light to clean her up. She was doing great! Daddy held her while the doctor finished with me and then handed her to me so that I could nurse her. I was so happy and could not believe that after 9 months of waiting for her I finally had her in my arms. We named her Daniela Sophia and she was born at 8:48 pm, weighed 7 lbs and 12.9 oz and was 19 inches long. She is so precious. Enjoy the pictures.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment