Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas traditions

How to create a family tradition? Pretty much make it your own right? So I have... for the holidays I created a list of activities or events to do 12 days before Christmas. It has been a lot of fun!!!! I love it!!!! I think next year we will try to do an advent calender with the same idea and I think Dani will be a bit older to understand and have more fun at the activities or events that we do as a family!

One of the activities was for us to go to a Christmas party. Dani and I went to Lucy's house for a Christmas party for kids. It was so much fun and I met some really nice mom's and their kids!!!! Below you will see some pictures!

Today we went to Church late because afterward we attended a Pastorela which is a play showing the birth of baby Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas. The actors did a really great job and Dani was very attentive the ENTIRE play (it was about 1 hour and a little more). So as my niece Kateli says: " baby Jesus birthday is coming up" so we are counting the days and excited for his birthday!

Christmas bags filled with cookies and candy for the kiddos!
Natalia, Fabiana, Samantha, Luciana, Isabela, Carl (Dani and a couple of other kids are missing because we could not get a group picture- it was 9 kids in total.)
Breaking the Piñata- or actually pulling the string on the Piñata.
Dani and Fabiana in front of the tree for a group picture.. but that DID NOT HAPPEN!!!!

1 comment:

Mariafer said...

Very true! To start traditions you just do. So glad you are starting your own. Looks like fun. Have a merry merry christmas.