Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Surprise Baby shower for my sister!

I took advantage of the fact that my sister was in town for Eva's baptism to organize a baby shower for her here in Houston! However... I thought I had more time to organize it as I thought she would be leaving on thursday but she is not... she leaves tomorrow. So I began to text some friends EARLY in the morning yesterday and was able to get everyone out here the same day in the evening.. so we had a shower for her yesterday! It was a lot of fun even though we did not get to do my favorite part- play games... because I did not have time to plan as much as I would of wanted! But the best thing of all is that we got some friends together that love her dearly and got to spend time with them and shower her and my niece/or nephew (she is not going to find out what she is having) with love and gifts! Here are some pictuers!

From left to right- Ruby, Alexis, Cathy, Martha, and Marleny

From left to right- Joshua, Martha, Idia, Mom, Alexis, Joseph, Rachel, Marleny, Cathy,Ruby, Leila (little girl), and Xochilt. Pretty good turn out seeing that I called everyone on monday. I had already told a few people about a week ago when I had found out that my sister was coming into town.

me, mom, and Marleny

Joshua eating some yummy cake!

The decorations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did awesome !!! i m so glad i was a part of it, and to see marleny!!

Wife, Mother and photographer said...

It was awesome!! and a great surprise...!! You girls are ALL sneaky!! I had tons of fun and felt showered with lots of affection for all of us!!