Mommy and daddy have been singing "Tortillita de manteca..." to Dani since she a few weeks old. With the beat of the song you clap your hands the whole time because its about tortillas. Dani loves the song. Each time she hears it she is cheesy and smiles a lot! Today was extra special. I noticed that earlier today she was clapping and mentioned it to Daddy when he got home. So while mommy was finishing cooking, he put her in her bounce toy and daddy began to sing "Tortillita de manteca..." and guess what, Dani all by herself started clapping. It was too cute! We got it on video so I will post probably tomorrow! She did it two times.
She is also eating better. I have been giving her half an ounce of milk with cereal but today for dinner she finished it really fast and was opening her mouth for more. So I mixed the other half ounce of milk with cereal and guess what? She ate it all!!! I am so proud of her. I think this saturday we will start with veggies if she continues to eat this way.
We are also teaching her sign language- but just the basics.. thank you, i love you, eat/hungry, more, and drink. I think she will learn fast and will be able to communicate what she wants... at least the basics!
2 comments:
Aww, clapping! So fun! Baby sign language is awesome and can help a whole lot. Great idea! And good luck with it.
Yep, they catch on really fast!! So proud of her!! On the sign language, don't overwhelm her with a whole lot at a time. concentrate on one or two in the beginning--like "hungry/eat" and "more"...those are the ones that they will need in the beginning. At least this is the way I do it...and I know you didn't ask for any input, but I thought I would share anyway.
Post a Comment